Limesurvey supports Google Map Service in questions. It will ask the user to point out the location with balloon and it will automatically give values of latitude/longitude in the text box.
To insert Google map in any survey , you need to get an API key .Using an API key enables you to monitor your application’s Maps API usage, and ensures that Google can contact you about your application if necessary.
How to get Google Maps API:
- Create your Google account.
- Visit the APIs Console at https://code.google.com/apis/console and log in with your Google Account.
- Click the Services link from the left-hand menu.
- Activate the Google Maps API v3 service.
- Click the API Access link from the left-hand menu.
- Your API key is available from the API Access page, in the Simple API Access section.
How to use Google API key in Limesurvey to use Gmap service :
- Create the question in which you want to use Google Map Service.
- Choose the question type “Short free text“.
- Go to advance settings & choose “Google Maps” in “Use mapping service” option.
- Set “default position” option to “Yes” if you want to set any default position on map.
- Set “zoom level” to appropriate value. (say 20).
- Give latitude/longitude values of the default position in Default Position text box if you set it to yes earlier.
- Give settings of map width & height according to your wish.
- Save the question.
Global Settings :
- In the main administration toolbar , click on the global settings icon as shown below:
- In Global Settings , go to the General Settings & give the Google API Key in “Google Maps API Key“.(which you got in Simple API Access section).
- Click on the save settings & your map service is ready to use.
Enjoy different locations on map 🙂