- If you are using old version of Limesurvey then when you get logged into your limesurvey, you will get a message “Update available: version + (build no.)” on top right corner in bright red color.
- If you don’t get any message then go to limesurvey/version.php and check the build number and the current version you are using.
- There are two methods to get your version updated : “manually” or by using “3-Click Comfort Update“.
- If you want to update it manually then go to the following link :
- Download the latest version of limesurvey.
- If you want to go with 3-Click Comfort update then follow the below given procedure:
Click on the message ” Update avialable: version + (build no.)” as shown below:
It will ask you the method you want to use for update shown here :
Click on the 3-click Comfort Update and it will ask you about a limesurvey update key .
Click on the update key button, it will display update key is valid.Then click on the “Proceed to step 2” button.
After that it will ask to give a write permissions to a long list of files. Use following command to give write
and execute permissions to your whole Limesurvey folder :
$ chmod +wx foldername
Replace the /limesurvey/scripts/survey_runtime.js file with the latest survey_runtime.js file.
Then click on the “proceed to step3” buton.
It will create the Database and file back up. you can check it at limesurvey/tmp/ filename.
Then click on the “procced to step 4 button“.
Your limesurvey is up to date now . You can check it from limesurvey/version.php file .There will be latest version and build no. written in the file.
Thats all 🙂